Admission to Secondary 1 / Year 1 in CHIJ St Nicholas Girls’ School (AY 2024)
CHIJ St Nicholas Girls’ School (SNGS) will be accepting students into Secondary 1 of our O-Level Programme and Year 1 of the Joint Integrated Programme (JIP) commencing in Academic Year (AY) 2024 via the 2023 Direct School Admission-Secondary (DSA-Sec) Exercise.
The JIP by CHIJ SNGS is in partnership with Eunoia Junior College. Students will spend their first 4 years in CHIJ SNGS before progressing to Eunoia Junior College to complete the JIP by sitting for the GCE A-Levels Examination.
B. Applicants Not Studying in MOE Mainstream Primary Schools
- Applicants who are not studying in MOE mainstream primary schools should apply online for a Registration Number via MOE DSA website in order to access the DSA portal. For more information, please refer to the MOE website: https://go.gov.sg/nmsdsa-sec-application.
- All applicants should fulfil the age requirement for Secondary 1 admission in 2024: (a) Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents must be born between 2 Jan 2007 and 1 Jan 2012; (b) International Students (non-SC/PR) must be born between 2 Jan 2009 and 1 Jan 2012.
- International students must take part and fulfil the requirements of the Admissions Exercise for International Students (AEIS) before they can be considered for admission to secondary school via DSA-Sec. For further information, please refer to the AEIS website: https://www.moe.gov.sg/international-students/aeis.
C. Overview of DSA-Sec Talent Areas
Selection will consider candidates’ overall readiness to benefit from the JIP or O-Level Programme. Candidates are encouraged to indicate their preferred track, where applicable.
Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the candidate’s area of talent.
The selection criteria and process for the talent areas will be updated from early-May. For more information on DSA-Sec, please refer to the MOE website at https://www.moe.gov.sg/dsa-sec.
DSA Talent Areas for O-Level Programme and 6-year JIP
|Sports and Games
||We are looking for highly motivated and disciplined students. They should demonstrate a high level of aptitude in their respective sport. Students should be sporting role models who demonstrate passion, grit, resilience, and discipline to challenge themselves and strive for excellence.
Our Sports and Games CCAs have a strong team of teachers and coaches who are dedicated in ensuring the best training experience for our students. Students can look forward to participating in competitions for sporting excellence and leadership development opportunities. We promote a strong culture of camaraderie and team spirit in developing our students to be sportswomen of strong moral character.
Sports and Games Talent Areas:
Track and Field
||We are looking for students who possess and demonstrate the qualities of ‘Leaders with Heart’ and are passionate and committed to the service of others and the community.
Our Leadership programme aims to develop future ready leaders who are able to influence positive change in an increasingly complex world. Priority is given to DSA-Leadership students to hone their skills through leadership workshops, dialogues with industry leaders and Design Thinking projects. Students will also have the opportunity to grow their cross-cultural and critical thinking skills and become confident communicators through organising a variety of school-wide events and camps.
DSA Talent Areas for 6-year JIP only
|Information in English
We are looking for linguistically talented students who are passionate to hone both English and Chinese language abilities and deepen their appreciation of the Western and Chinese cultures. Students should demonstrate critical thinking and oratorical competency in both languages.
As a SAP school, we provide an immersive experience to nurture the DSA-Bilingualism students to become Singapore’s bilingual and bicultural talents. To continue to deepen their interests and abilities in Bilingualism, students have opportunities such as immersion trips to China and the USA, Global Classroom programmes with our sister US school as well as SAP activities such as the DJ programme, author-in-residence programme and bilingual debates, just to name a few. Students experience both breadth and depth in their language and cultural learning to deepen every student’s strengths and passions.
(Explanation in Mandarin)
(Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
|We are looking for students who are passionate and have a strong desire to deepen their interest and broaden their exposure in STEM-related disciplines. Students should be curious and observant about the world around them. They should be critical and analytical individuals who demonstrate the aptitude in integrating and connecting knowledge from the different STEM related disciplines to create multi-disciplinary solutions to real-world problems.
Through a rigorous curriculum with greater emphasis on problem-based learning, we aim to nurture critical thinkers, problem-solvers and innovators. We will provide opportunities for students to hone their skills and stretch their abilities and potential. We facilitate students’ pursuit for excellence by enabling students to take ownership in working out solutions and providing opportunities for them to interact and collaborate with other budding STEM talents.
D. Commitment from Successful DSA Applicants
- Students who are successfully admitted to the school via DSA are expected to honour their commitment to the school (i.e. CHIJ SNGS) and programme, which is 4 years for the O-Level Programme and 6 years for the JIP (4 years in CHIJ SNGS and 2 years in EJC). They are expected to participate in the activities related to the talent area they are selected for from Year 1 to 4.
- Successful applicants will NOT be allowed to participate in the Secondary 1 Posting Exercise to opt for secondary schools and will NOT be allowed to seek transfer to another school after the release of the PSLE results. They will be assured of a place in CHIJ SNGS so long as they are eligible for the Express course option based on their PSLE results.
E. Enquiries about SNGS DSA-Secondary Exercise
For further enquiries pertaining to the DSA admissions process, please contact CHIJ SNGS at 63541839 (telephone) or email chijsng.DSA@moe.edu.sg
The information on this page is correct as of 13 Apr 2023.